Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Soy & Yeast Free
Who doesn’t love pizza? Seriously, I’ve never met a person that doesn’t love pizza. When your healing from food allergies though pizza does not come easy! Store bought pizzas, takeout and even gourmet pizza restaurants may now have gluten-free options but all that I’ve come across will still contain common allergens such as yeast, soy, eggs, GMO soybean/canola oil or unnecessary added sugar.
This recipe is simple, easy and delicious AND allergy free. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
3⁄4 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon psyllium husks
1 1⁄2 tablespoons EVOO
3/4 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3⁄4 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
1. Mix the flax seed, psyllium husks, boiling water, and olive oil together and let stand for a few minutes.
2. In a separate bowl mix the quinoa flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Stir the flax mixture until its an egg-like consistency then add it to the dry ingredients until it becomes dough-like.
4. Roll the dough out and brush the crust with olive oil and then sprinkle with Italian herbs. This crust is better on the thin side.
5. Bake at 400 for ten minutes then add your toppings and bake for an additional ten minutes.
If you’ve tried this recipe or your own modified creation please share your comments below.